[3830] SS-CW attempt

Gus - VO1MP gussam at newcomm.net
Mon Nov 3 23:48:18 EST 1997

                       ARRL SWEEPSTAKES 1997

      Call: VO1MP                    Section:  NL
      Mode: CW                       Category: Single Operator

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS   SECTIONS

      160        0        0        -
       80        7       14        -
       40      124      248        -
       20       43       86        -
       15      251      502        -
       10        0        0        -
     -----------------------------------

     Totals    425      850       70      Score:  59,500

Power Output: 100 watts     Hours of operation: 15

Comments:
First ever attempt at SS, looks like fun ! Bit of a challenge. Tried to schedule
 activity to ensure that any who might have wanted NL could have it,
  because of first time as section mult did lot of S&P as well as CQing.
  Was able to work  just about all I heard in S&P except VY1JA and Couldn't
work  KH6 on 20 so had to wait until 40 meters next morning, Go figure!! Undoubtedly
 longest path for any Sweepstake QSO.

  Spent some time looking for a sweep once I got the fever, mebbe next year.
  Heard a few other VO stns working the contest also, so we were there  !!.

CU SS SSB   Gus  VO1MP

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com