[3830] K1KY ARRL SS SSB 97 M/S Score

Tom Delker k1ky at bellsouth.net
Mon Nov 17 08:15:19 EST 1997

--------------3A5C531A7125

--
Thomas M. Delker - K1KY CFO#395 - Smyrna / Gallatin / Short Mtn. TN
C.A.T.S. (W4CAT) - 147.30 (114.8) / 145.23 / 223.98 / 444.45 & 444.65
Stones River A.R.C. (K4FUN) - http://www.Voy.net/~rfi/stones.html
Tennessee Contest Group (K4TCG) - http://geo1.tdec.state.tn.us/tcg.html
Fistfighters United Nashville (NT4L) 146.955 (114.8)

--------------3A5C531A7125

                            SWEEPSTAKES SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 15-Nov-97, 16-Nov-97, 17-Nov-97

    Callsign Used : K1KY
        Operators : K1KY, W4KH, KC4QFR, KD4YDD

         Category : Multi/Single, High Power, AB
              Rig : Ten-Tec Omni 6+, Titan, Omni D, TRLog

 Default Exchange : Nr # B K1KY 72 TN

             Name : Thomas M. Delker
          Address : 113 Richland Ave.
   City/State/Zip : Smyrna, TN 37167
          Country : United States

        Team/Club : Tennessee Contest Group

  160SSB     101         101        202      10  Windom 160 @ 130'
   80SSB     302         302        604      10  Delker Loop @ 70'
   40SSB      77          77        154      25  Windom/Loop
   20SSB     342         341        682       7  " + 2el @ 25'
   15SSB     141         141        282      27  " + 2el @ 25'

 Totals      963         962       1924      79

    Final Score = 151996 points.
       Op. Time = 24 Hours

 Soapbox Comments
 ________________

 1st SSB Sweepstakes. Must have been too cold for Murphy.  No casualties.
 Coffee Cups for all of our operators - Clean Sweep!  Thanks again for
 all the Q's. Made only 16 2nd radio Q's, set it up late Sunday afternoon
 but station 1 was running most of the time.  Didn't catch any great
 openings on 10 Meters, but 160 sure was a blast Saturday night.  Put up
 a 2 Element tri-bander Sunday afternoon, which made life on 20M much
 nicer. Only 2 frequency grabs tried on us, one due to changing condx.
 Our operator at the time got fairly upset (must have been a first for him)
 as I overheard him saying he was going to report the offender to his
 "Section Manager! (This one wins the funniest event of the contest for us).
 Got our VY1 contact with 10 watts - 1st call through the pileup, thanks
 Ken or whoever!

--------------3A5C531A7125--

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com