[3830] AD1C SS 97 Phone Multi-op

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Thu Nov 20 18:00:48 EST 1997

Here is another puny score:

      Call: AD1C                     Section: Eastern Massachusetts
      Mode: SSB                      Category: Multi-op (AD1C+packet)

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS   SECTIONS
     -----------------------------------
      160        0        0        -
       80       64      128        -
       40       42       84        -
       20       27       54        -
       15        2        4        -
       10        0        0        -
     -----------------------------------
     Totals    135      270       58

               Score:  15,660

	Power:  100 W (TS-930)
	Ant:	 G5RV with center 35' (10 meters) high

Again, humble goals for this contest.  Work some Canadians on 40 SSB and
get that band/mode confirmed.  Done.  Also worked N7TR again as a backup
for 40 meter WAS. Had a hard time working the guys on 20 SSB Sunday evening
(around 6 p.m. local) but 40 and 80 were better.  Changed the balun on the
G5RV and was tuning it Sunday afternoon (took 2 ft of ladder line out, one
foot at a time, then put it all back), wanted to make sure I didn't break
anything.  Also put together a butcher block kitchen island so we have more
room to store our pots.  Who said Sunday afternoons in SS are boring?

CU from KC1XX in CQWW CW - I'll be the loud guy on 10 meters (when Matt
isn't operating).

- Jim

--
Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>      http://jjr.ne.mediaone.net/