[3830] K6RO CQP

K6RO at aol.com K6RO at aol.com
Tue Oct 7 03:26:37 EDT 1997

                              1997 California QSO Party

Call: K6RO
County : LAX
Category :S/O HP

Mode       QSO        QSO PTS         MULTS
CW          462              1386
SSB         1271             2542
Totals       1733          3928                58 = 227,824 Pts.

     Band  Breakdown
------------------------------
          CW           SSB
160       1               4
 80      24              109
 40     129              213
 20     190              605
 15     105              260
 10       13               78
VHF       0                 2
-------------------------------
          462             1271

Equipment :

FT1000D,Titan 425,DVS-2 CT9

160 Inv Vee @89ft
 80  F12 EF180A @93ft
 40/20 F12 620/340 @ 89ft
 15/10 F12 515/410 @ 100 ft

Comments :
This was my 1st try at S/O HP in this contest.Usually run low power to make
neighbors and family happy ! But since my tower and antenna project was
finally finished on thursday,I had to give it a try..Thanks to Bob,K6ZZ
(Bigguns Tower Service) for a great job.
I was going to do ssb only,but after a number of tvi complaints from my
kids,I decided to do mixed mode.I ran between 200 and 1000 watts depending on
what channel they were watching and which mode I was on...Is there a medium
power category ? hi
Conditions seemed to be better than last year, with a short opening on 10m
sunday to perk me up.
I had a great time this year,and hope to make this an annual event. Thanks to
all who worked me on cw and slowed down to 20wpm.Maybe next year 25wpm ??

                                           73,Larry K6RO

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com