[3830] VE7IN SOAB HP CQWW CW Claimed score

Earl Dery Earl_Dery@mindlink.bc.ca
Tue Dec 1 04:05:08 EST 1998

Well not the most earth shattering score,but I sure had fun. I expect there
will be some terrific scores posted this time. Really nice to see 10 & 15
Meters open makes the term All band mean something. Unfortunately for me we
had terrific wind storm here a few days before CQWW.
Lost 1/2 of last director on the 20 and the 40 meter element are kind of
bent, looks like big repair job come Spring.I am Amazed at how well the 20 &
40 still seem to work.
Thanks all for the Q's and I am still working on improving my CW(which still
has a ways to go).
73 Earl VE7IN

  BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Countries   Zones

  160CW        9           9         17         5         6 Sloping Dipole
   80CW       28          28         58         9         7 Sloping Cage
type Dipole
   40CW       37          37         95        28        13 Bent 40-2CD @ 140ft
   20CW       81          81        232        35        15 4 1/2 El KLM @ 132ft
   15CW      247         247        594        45        21 4el @ 45 ft
   10CW      141         141        402        24        20 4el @ 35ft(W2PV
design)

 Totals      543         543       1398       146        82

    Final Score = 318744 points.