[3830] KM0L cw Sprint

Steve Lufcy km0l at tfs.net
Sun Feb 8 15:27:22 EST 1998

                               NCJ  CW  SPRINT  (Feb. 8, 1998)

call: KM0L
op:  KM0L
sec:  MO      name:  Steve
exch: # Steve MO              Team: none

line:   KM0L    MO    231 Q's   x   44 mults  =>  10,164

band       Q's       mults
----------------------------------
 80           82                    inv V at 60'
 40           94                    dipole at 65' , HF6V
 20           55                    A4 at 65'
-----------------------------------
total        231   x    44    =>    10,164 score

rig1: TS-940s, TL-922A (900 W)
rig2: T4xc/R4c, SB-221 (700 W) to HF6V vert
comp: pentium90 running n6trlog

soap: Trying new logging software cost me a lot of Q's and tremendous
frustration. Maybe I'm too old a dog to teach new tricks, but I never did
figure out what the new program was going to do next! I lost at least one Q
when I sent his call 3 times and then the wrong message- he was gone when I
straightened it out. Then I typed some wrong info in an exchange, and had 4
callers frantically calling me while I tried to fix it (I think I was the
only MO station on)- took me a couple of minutes, but at least one guy
stuck with me. I did not get into any kind of sinc until I went to 80,
where my only decent rate was.
I used the new (for me) program because it could be configured to send cw
thru LPT2, where my contest card is. In retrospect, I would have been
better off to let my memory keyer do the sending and stick with my old
program for logging only. Live and learn.
There were prettty good multipliers on and I worked all I heard, except for
AR. I also missed MO. I worked KP3Z, DE, VE6. I had 13 band changes- use
2nd radio only on 40 meters early in sprint, and turned it off when rig 1
went to 40.
CU all in the next one.

73 de KM0L Steve in KC

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com