[3830] WB0O RTTY ROUNDUP

Bill Straw WB0O/0007359114 at MCIMAIL.COM
Sun Jan 4 21:23:52 EST 1998

WB0O RTTY ROUNDUP      SO/HP

80 -  36
10 -   8
- ---------
     726 X 89 = 64,614   SO/HP   20 HOURS

COMMENTS:

   My last RTTY contest was a CQWWRTTY 4 or 5 years ago.
I worked really hard and had the top score in W0, but
when the results came out they were literally listed
from highest to lowest, without regard to power status,
location or SO/MS/MM !! It was a real kick in the pants
to be in the fine print at the bottom of the page with
the top W0 score. It was then I realized that most of
the CQ contest people think W0/W7/W6 aren't in the top
ten because we don't try as hard. I don't know if the
listings are still presented the same way as I don't get
CQ. I hope not.
   Anyway, I sold the PK-232 and lost the WF1B manual
years ago. Then when I was reading the RTTY contest
rules in QST a few monthes ago, I discovered that the
RTTY Roundup might be the fairest contest of all - one
point for every Q, mults once per contest!! I ordered
a BAYPAC BP-2M for $70, got a copy of HAMCOMM off the
Internet and had a great time!
   I apologize for the "hum" in my signal. When I was
told about it ( on Sunday ) I put a bunch of ferrite
beads on the audio input and was told all sounded fine.

   I worked about 350 different stations in the test,and
most were not contest "regulars" (SS,SPRINT,NAQP). How
do we get these people to try some other contests????

73 BILL WB0O ( a $70 RTTY contest station )

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com