[3830] KF0FN RTTY Roundup

Todd Dravland wd0t at sd.cybernex.net
Sun Jan 4 22:15:48 EST 1998

KF0FN  Multi-Single   South Dakota

Ops: KF0FN, N0VFS, WD0T

582 X  75 =  42,450

24 hours

Comments:

Band conditions seemed poor to average, especially poor on 80 m and average on 20/15 m with no 10m propagation at all. This was a fun contest, my first try at RTTY ever and boy what a learning experience for me and all of us.  Its fun to be able to operate and watch the football playoffs or talk without much problem.

We had a basic tribander/ wires station which played pretty well for us in general.  The most difficulty was getting used to the software, and being patient enough to not jump on the transmissions with a reply!

Hope to see you in the NAQP's the next 2 weekends

73, todd
WD0T

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com