[3830] K8MAD & K8MR NAQP CW

Jim Stahl k8mr at barf80.nshore.org
Mon Jan 12 14:14:36 EST 1998

                     1998 NCJ NORTH AMERICAN QSO PARTY

     Call used: K8MAD                    Location: OH

     Category: Multi-Two Xmtr     Mode: CW    Power: 100W

     If multi-operator, show calls of all operators and loggers:

     K4LT AC8E K8MR KF8UN KU8E W8RZ K9TM

     Exchanged Information: K8MAD ALFRED OH

     Hours of Operation: 06:19

     band      QSOs     points    mults
     -----------------------------------
     160          3         3        2
      80         15        15       11
      40        168       168       47
      20         45        45       28
      15         38        38       20
      10          9         9        6
     -----------------------------------
     TOTAL      278       278      114      SCORE: 31,692

     Club or Team Name: Mad River Radio Club

     This time we used the Mad River Club call, K8MAD, from the
QTH of K8MR.  Saturday evening was the annual MR Christmas
party/MRRC meeting.  The early part of the contest was K8MR
operating between periods of getting the house ready for the
party and other normal weekend activities.  Later operation was
by various people, among the major din of a dozen or more party
goers in the same room.

     The MAD operation used an FT-1000MP, courtesy of K8RM, which
was provided for the party's show and tell time.  We also had an
IC-756, courtesy of K8CC, at a separate position with the 80
meter antenna using the call K8MR.  There were also many
operators for this station, which had 108/37 (=3,966), multiop,
80 meters only.

        Jim    K8MR

Jim Stahl
InterNet: k8mr at barf80.nshore.org
Basic Amateur Radio Frequency, BARF-80 +1 (440) 237-8208
"Totally devoted to Amateur Radio" - 24 Hrs a day 8/N/1 28.8k-1200 baud

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com