[3830] AA3B FD 1E

The Trench Family cwtrench at sprynet.com
Thu Jul 2 01:49:58 EDT 1998

ARRL FIELD DAY -- 1998

      Call: AA3B                     Section: EPA
                                     Category: 1E

      BAND   CW QSO  CW QSO PTS   SSB QSO  SSB QSO PTS

       80      168     672             0       0
       40      370    1480             0       0
       20      387    1548             0       0
       15      223     892             0       0
       10       92     368             0       0

              1240            +         0     =    1240 Total QSO

(4960 CW QSO PTS + 0 SSB QSO PTS) + 0 BONUS = 4,960

RIG - trusty TS940S and rented 5KVA generator.

Antennas - Dipoles for 80M and 40M, Tribander @ 70'.

I was very pleased with the conditions and was glad to hear so much
activity on 10 through 40.  I was somewhat disappointed by 80m; the band
was relatively quiet here, but not as much action as in years past,
which made it hard to stay awake in the wee hours Sunday morning.  I
slept from about 1030Z to 1230Z, even though I wanted to go all 24 hours
straight.

EPA missed all the nasty weather - first FD in a long time in which I
didnt have to shut down due to lightning.

Hope to see everyone in IARU!

73 Bud AA3B

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com