[3830] W4PA IARU Multi-Single

Scott Robbins srobbins at usit.net
Sun Jul 12 21:28:24 EDT 1998

W4PA IARU HF Multi-Single

        QSO's    HQ's    Zones
160m     20       2        4
80m      60       8        11
40m      166      15       27
20m      904      26       39
15m      654      25       32
10m      38       4        7

1842 QSO's x 200 mults = 1,401,400 claimed score.
24 hours of operation.

Ops: W4PA, W2DR

The contest started off with a bang on 15 meters with the first
three QSO hour totals running 112, 142, and 121.  I was sure we were
going to see a good JA opening but it never materialized.  20m never
stopped producing 5 pointers long into the night.  Great gray-line
opening to Russia and EU around 0600Z on 20 meters.

40m never got going as well as 20 so we elected to skip the "EU time"
on 40 and stay with 20, and go look for mults later in the night.
I think this was the right thing to do as 20 never stopped producing
until the wee morning hours.  I kept hearing loud east coasters on
40 - never a good sign.

73 !

Scott Robbins, W4PA

This e-mail message may not represent the viewpoint of my employer.
Visit the Tennessee Contest Group at <http://www.k4ro.net/tcg.html>
             "I sure don't know what I'm goin' for,
               but I'm gonna go for it for sure!" - Grateful Dead

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com