[3830] OH4XX ARRL SSB SOSB 20M HP

Poyhonen, Mikko FI36 Mikko.Poyhonen at HMX.Honeywell.com
Wed Mar 11 05:41:08 EST 1998

                 ARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST -- 1998

      Call: OH4XX                    Country: FINLAND
      Mode: SSB                      Category: Single Op, Single band
20M HP

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS    STATES/PROV
       20       1467       4401           59
     Totals   1467      4401            59  =   259,659

All reports sent were 59 KW, unless otherwise noted.

Equipment Description:

Kenwood TS850SAT,Ten-Tec Centurio,5el over 5el monoband yagis + TH6DXX

Club Affiliation: CCF

MAILING ADDRESS:
		Mikko Poyhonen  OH4XX
		Tapionkatu 5-9 B27
		FIN-70500 Kuopio
		FINLAND

Comments:

This was the contest where OH4XX took its first QSOs ever.The very first
one was VE6SV.
Both afternoons band was really crowded! It was really hard to find a
good spot to call CQ or
in the matter of fact any spot at all! And if you found a reasonable frq
then after ten
minutes or so somebody was only half khz away of your frq calling CQ
contest!!
If you went to tell that frq was already in use,response was CQ
Contest...that really sucks!!!
Anyway had some good runs, best last ten rate in CT was around 260  and
best last 100
was around 150. I felt desperate when I knew that there was lots
stations calling me but
I could not copy since QRM level was very high. Anyhow thanks to all and
CU in WPX as
OH7AAC (M/S).

73 de Mikko OH4XX (also OH4LTK/OH7LTK)

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com