[3830] K3WW PA QSO PARTY SINGLE OP HP ?

Charles Fulp k3ww at fast.net
Mon Oct 12 00:42:17 EDT 1998

K3WW   PA QSO PARTY
Packet used, no discussion of single op criteria in the rules so either =
Single Op or Multi Single.

QSOs  160/80 CW  155     X2     310
          Other    CW  143    X 1.5  214.5
         SSB              526    X 1     526
totals                      824            1050.5

Counties  67
Sections  64
DX (1 max) 1=20
mults     132           RAW score 138,666
    7 K3YTL QSOS X 200               1,400
CLAIMED SCORE                     140,066

TIME  13.46 hours

After a county sweep in CA QP I decided to try for the plaque offered by =
my home state.  I knew all the workable county activity centered on 40 =
SSB and some 75 SSB   my two least favorite places to operate.  We had a =
major family committment on Sunday, so the split sessions gave me a goal =
and time limit.  Running out of time Saturday night I wimped out and =
exchanged some hints on packet to find my last county. I also =
concentrated on finding counties by running 40 SSB and tuning CW then =
running a little on 75 SSB.  I did a little sction grabbing on 15/20.  =
Im sure this is my best score ever in the PAQP, maybe some day Ill do a =
full effort.  The sharper SSB filters I recently installed in the IC781 =
seem to have paid off in hearing stations thru the crud on 40 and 75, =
and my ears should be fully aclaimated to SSB for the CQWW in a few =
weekends. =20

73 Chas K3WW

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com