[3830] K4AB SOAB HiPWR Unassisted CQWW SSB

K4ab at aol.com K4ab at aol.com
Mon Oct 26 21:45:22 EST 1998

               CQ WORLD WIDE DX CONTEST -- 1998
  Call: K4AB                     Country:  United States
  Mode: SSB                      Category: Single Operator
  Zone: 4

  BAND     QSO     ZONES     COUNTRIES

  160       23      10           16   Delta Loop
   80       85      20           49   Phased Delta Loops
   40      134      25           73   402CD
   20      541      33          103   5/5
   15      721      27          109   4/4
   10      363      30           95   4/4
  Totals  1867     145          445   =>  2,921,090

  Certainly better cndx than last year, but not as good as I expected.   Lost
 over three hours of prime op time due to equipment failures.  Was climbing
 the tower Friday night at about 10 P.M. local time to replace a bad barrel
 connector, then with 6 hours left in the contest, lost an amp.  It took a
 couple of hours to solve the problem and then get the old "standby" SB-220
 on-line.

  Murphy works in mysterious ways.  I've been through at least 10 contest
 seasons without an equipment malfunction, only to have two in this contest.

  Go figure.

  Club Affiliation: South East Contest Club SECC

  73,
  Larry K4AB

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com