[3830] N5NU SOLP Sprint (lack of)

Jason N5NU n5nu at inu.net
Sun Sep 13 19:55:31 EDT 1998

                    SPRINT SUMMARY SHEET

     Contest Date : 13-Sep-98

    Callsign Used : N5NU
         Operator : N5NU
         Category : LOW POWER
 Default Exchange : # JAY TX

   BAND  Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Mults   Countries

80SSB		4		4	4	0	0
40SSB		4		4	4	0	0
20SSB	        160	        155      155        47	1

Totals	        168	        163      163        47	1

163 x 48 Low Power		Score:  7824

Well, that was pretty fun.  I was planning on doing a "normal" sprint until
I found out that I had major RFI on 40 and 80 meters, so I just slugged it
out on 20 to see what would happen.

Looks like I picked up some mults that other people missed, but I also
missed some multipliers that other people got.  My last QSO was logged at
0359z with HR1KS for the 48th multiplier and only other NA country.

Overall, the only mults I heard and missed were Utah (!), Quebec, and
Kansas.  I heard that Montana, Maine, and Alabama were also worked.  I
heard VE6 all over the place on 20, and worked 2 myself.  I heard 3
Alaskans, but nearly came out with nothing until WL7CFA answered me.  Three
Nebraskans were heard, but only one worked.  South Dakota (W0LMB) and
Delaware (K3FO/M) were also worked.  I heard Rob, VE4GV for a short time on
20, as well as one single Oregon.  Two Michigans, as well as one NJ and MS
were logged.

Mults Missed overall:
VE2, VE8
ME, UT, KS, MT, WY, AL, as well as some I'm sure I'm forgetting.

I'll chalk this one up as a learning experience and know better next time.

73, Jason N5NU

n5nu at inu.net
http://www.inu.net/n5nu/

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com