[3830] W4PA Internet Sprint score

Scott Robbins srobbins at usit.net
Sat Sep 26 17:27:35 EDT 1998

W4PA Internet Sprint

score = 148 QSO's, all on 15 meters (never heard anything on 10).

The band was way too long for the east coast.  I could hear lots
of W6/W7, some weak Texas, and Europe.  10 was open to Europe
but not anywhere in the USA, it appeared.  Even the west coast
was weak but boy AD6DO was about 3 or 4 s-units louder than
anyone else from out west.  Only east coast QSO's were K9NX and
K4AAA, all Texas and far west other than those...

Interesting to follow the name threads - I used my wife's name
MARY at the beginning and only received it back twice the whole
contest but some other ones (like GATOR) I got over and over.
I assume that DAT and BAT were variations of RAT....?

Log submitted 20 minutes after contest via e-mail.

73,
Scott Robbins, W4PA
Gatlinburg, TN.

This e-mail message may not represent the viewpoint of my employer.
Visit the Tennessee Contest Group at <http://www.k4ro.net/tcg.html>
        "They're a band beyond description
         Like Jehovah's favorite choir"   - Grateful Dead

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com