[3830] W4WS Internet Sprint- Henry Heidtmann

Julie Heidtmann n4vhk at bellsouth.net
Sun Sep 27 12:48:05 EDT 1998

                    INTERNET SPRINT -- 1998

      Call: W4WS (N4VHK, Op.)       Country:  USA
      Mode: CW                      Category: Single OP
      STATE: North Carolina
      BAND     QSO
       15       2

     =2 PTS.

	Here's the log...

	DATE     TIME  BAND  CALL  SENT		RCVD
	9/26/98  1814  15    K6KO  1-HENRY-NC   11-DAVE-CA
       9/26/98  1822  15    N7LOX 2-DAVE-NC    24-DALE-WA

Equipment Description: All right, I had a bad time here. My station was hit
by lightning 2 weeks ago- lost all transceivers.(still waiting on insurance
settlement.)
I decided to try the sprint on the Johnson Valiant /Hammarlund HQ-160.
After 2 qso's and a crummy T/R switch, I went to the W4NC station for a
loaner 440. By the time I got back, it was time to quit. Oh, well, at least
I have the 440 for the RTTY test this weekend.
My apologies to the 2 stations I worked...Couldnt hear a thing...But it was
sure fun to get the old stuff out again. Think I'll make them a permenant
part of the station- They were grandad's- (W2DZO in NY)

my transmitter within the limitations of my license and have observed fully
the rules and regulations of the contest.

 Signature Henry Heidtmann, N4VHK
 W4WS/W4NC Contest Group

           MAILING ADDRESS:

              Henry Heidtmann