[3830] WO9S CQ 160M CW SO QRP (correction)

ROSNER at uchepp.uchicago.edu ROSNER at uchepp.uchicago.edu
Sun Feb 14 18:53:49 EST 1999

	1999 WO9S CQ 160 Meter Contest --  CW  Single Operator QRP

	QSO	QSO PTS	  STATES    COUNTRIES

Totals  214	  464	    44		0	=   20,416 (correction)

The transceiver was an IC-706 at power setting "1", running 5 watts to a
1/4-wave half sloper down from a 20-foot tower on top of a 6-story building.
The sloper points toward Europe.

Club affiliation:  Society of Midwest Contesters

Hours worked:  12 hr 13 min

I was inspired to try QRP by a comment from W6UE about their entry in the
1998 ARRL 160 M contest in December.  They chose QRP to minimize the
"alligator effect."  We have a high noise level in the
city, such that whenever we can hear Europe we can usually work them
with 100 watts.  With 5 watts I could not work any DX but could generally
work anybody over S9.  Best distance was W6UE; they must have solved their
noise problem for this contest!

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com