[3830] DL1IAO ARRL CW SO 10M HP UA

Stefan von Baltz, DL1IAO stefan-von.baltz at student.uni-tuebingen.de
Mon Feb 22 20:36:29 EST 1999

                 ARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST -- 1999

      Call:  DL1IAO                Country:  Fed. Rep. of Germany
      Mode:  CW                    Category: SO / 10m / HP / Unassisted

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS    STATES/PROV

       10     1074     3222          58         =   186,876

                          (nil from LAB, NWT, PEI)

Westcoast stations:  176

Equipment Description:  TS870, Alpha78
                        CT v9.23

                        7el Yagi @33m, 4el Yagi @10m

Club Affiliation:  Bavarian Contest Club (BCC)

When I switched on the rig both days around 1200Z everyone already
was banging in but the rate did not get serious till about 1530Z.
Then, westcoast started to get loud . . .   One moment on Sunday,
K8AZ was 20dB above anyone else, skip is still everything on 10m!

I had some tough frequency fights with CT1 and IK4 who certainly did
hear me.  I wonder why they also ignored the stations who called me :)

73,

Stefan
DL1IAO at contesting.com

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com