[3830] N5CQ ARRL DX CW S/O AB HP UA

John Langdon jlangdon at outer.net
Mon Feb 22 22:55:45 EST 1999

    Callsign Used : N5CQ
        Operators : JOHN LANGDON

         Category : SO AB HP UA

 Default Exchange : 599TX

             Name : John T. Langdon
          Address : 9304 Bell Mountain Dr
   City/State/Zip : Austin, TX 78730
          Country : United States

        Team/Club : Central Texas DX and Contest Club (CTDXCC)

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Countries

  160CW       33          33         99        20
   80CW       86          86        258        39
   40CW      277         277        831        59
   20CW      173         173        519        52
   15CW      392         391       1173        67
   10CW      731         728       2184        78

 Totals     1692        1688       5064       315

    Final Score = 1,595,160 points.

                  37 Hours on, 11 off.

 Soapbox Comments

 Loads of learning experiences in my first try at the ARRL DX Contest and
 first time to use TR. I liked both a lot. Best hourly rates: 90 on 10; 86
 on 15; and 88 on 40.  On 10, almost twice as many EU as JA. On 15, more
 than twice as many JA as EU.  Never could get 20 working for me.  Lots of
 1, 2 and 4 watters from EU on 10.  Thanks to all who gave me repeats until
 I got it. Twice I hit some unknown key combination and ended up on 3.200 mHz,
 and once I gave the knee to the PC power switch (thanks restart.bin!). Most
 problems were cockpit trouble.  Thanks to N3BB, K5TR, and K5YA for some sage
 planning advice.  See y'all next year!

I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations established
 for amateur radio in my country.  My report is correct and true to the best
 of my knowledge.  I agree to be bound by the decisions of the Awards Committee.