[3830] AD5A MO/S/LP RTTY RNDUP

Mike Crownover ad5a@sat.net
Sun, 03 Jan 1999 21:53:21 -0600

This is the first RR we have participated in since 94. It was our best
effort in 3 previous entries in the contest, but we fell short of our
goal of 1,000 QSO's and/or 100k points. Didn't have as many European
mults as we had hoped for. South America and the Carribean were not well
represented in this contest either. We also made a few strategic goofs
that are crystal clear after the contest was over. A good time however.
My son, AB5EB, age 22, had to climb the tower in a gusty, cold north
wind to tighten the beam , which was been slowly blown around.
Otherwise, equipment worked well.

73,

Mike AD5A

ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call used: AD5A
Location:  TX

Operators: AD5A, AB5EB

Entry Class: Multi Op, Single Xmit

Band        QSOs   Pts   QTH    DX
80               9           9      9         0
40           199       199    45       12
20           286        286   46         9
15           254        254   47       16
10           160        160   23        26
Total    908          908    56*    34*
* - Counted only once (not once per band)

Score: 81720

Power Output: 150

Equipment:  Yaesu FT1000MP, KAM Plus, WF1B Software

Antenna's: Force 12 C-4 SXL @ 70' 40m - 10m, Alpha Delta DX-A - 80m