[3830] VE3RZ ARRL RTTY ROUNDUP SOAB LP

Tony Osman aosman@cgocable.net
Sun, 03 Jan 1999 22:28:51 -0500

                   ARRL RTTY ROUNDUP CONTEST SUMMARY SHEET

    Callsign used = VE3RZ    SOAB LP

   Band     QSO's  QSO Pts Mults
    80          26         26         17
    40          62         62         10
    20          46         46           7
    15          36         36         14
    10          17         17         10

   All          187       187         58 (COUNTED ONLY ONCE, FIRST TIME WORKED)

Score = 187 x 58 = 10,846 points

Equipment ICOM IC 751A tcvr 100 Watts output

Antennas GAP Challenger Vertical Antenna

Rtty Equip VolksRTTY interface with Hamcom 3.1 software

Club or team ________________________________________________________________

Remarks Great fun in my first RTTY contest.  Built the VolksRTTY modem on
the Friday night and worked W6ZX for my first ever RTTY contact using
Hamcomm 3.1
software.  Time was at a premium but really enjoyed using RTTY.  Have to now
work out what is a more streamlined way of logging contacts. I would work the
station with Hamcomm and log with TR (v4.05) !!  Had also to learn how to
use Hamcomm during the contest, only found out about the short cut keys
after quite some
time of pecking at keyboard.

Had the big storm arrive Saturday night.  Gap was ok in winds with snow, but
on Sunday morning woke up to find a foot of the white stuff on the ground. As
I live on a residential side street, I had the driveway shovelled by 11:00am
but the plough only arrived at 9:00pm to plough the road! So nothing to do but
play in the contest!!!

This is to certify that in this contest I have operated my transmitter within
the limitations of my license and have observed fully the rules and
regulations of the contest:

Signature   - Tony Osman, VE3RZ -     Date  Jan 3rd 1999