[3830] W4MR NAQPCW M/2

AA4NC@aol.com AA4NC@aol.com
Sun, 10 Jan 1999 12:23:35 EST

1091 x 269 = 293,479

Ops: K4MA, AA4NC

Category:
Multi-2 / 100 watts / NO amps / NO packet / lots of junk food consumed / No
breaks except for bathroom and watching the good parts of Pamela Anderson TV
shows

Jim usually operates the NAQPs from here, so I've never done one at all, much
less a multi/2. I didn't have a band gig this weekend, so I said OK when he
asked me to do a multi as practice for our 8P9 ARRLDX trip.
I like NAQP better than the Sprints. 12 hours (10 for SO) allows you to get
into a bit of a groove. Conditions sucked and I suck at using TR, so I guess
that's the story from here.

We discussed W4AN's tips as the contest progressed, and realized it was all a
smokescreen. That "CQ a lot" is for everybody else, as I think Bill called US
on every band as he S&Ped his way to a smoking score! :>)  The key to this
contest seems to me to be efficient S&Ping...

The real highlight of the contest is the local indy TV station here has
"Cleavage TV" on Saturday nights. They show like 3 Pamela Anderson (Lee) shows
in a row. Don't know the names of any of them, but they involve a bunch of
skimpily-clad females saving the earth from bad guys, and jiggling a lot in
the process. They are the perfect shows to watch on the shack black and white
5" with the sound off during a contest. To cap off this stellar lineup, they
finish with Jerry Springer and Pro 'Rasslin. It doesn't get much better...

73,

Will AA4NC / W4MR