[3830] naqp@ad5q - Single Op 4 Bands

R.S.Hradilek ids@nol.net
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 00:55:44 -0600

I wasn't going to do this contest. I have missed a lot of them lately,
as I am still in process of upgrading the station. Anyhow, two
teams wanted to include my score, even though I don't have
antennas up for 80 or 160. I agreed, on condition that I not be put
on team 1.

Was mostly interested in how the C4XL played, since it replaced
my old KT34XA at 104 feet. I like being loud on 40. It felt the same
on other bands, but weak on 10.

Paid little attention to strategy. Without 80 & 160, what's the point?
Only moved one mult, and saved my off time for the last 2 hours -
no matter how slow things got.

High points:

Worked W5ASP on 1 call!
Worked my first Mississippi ever on 15 - last contact for 5BWAS
(though I will never apply for any WAS award).

Results:

     band      QSOs      points    mults
     160          0         (No Antenna)
      80          0         (No Antenna)
      40        259         259      49
      20        201         201      49
      15        141         141      41
      10         57          57      27
     TOTAL      658         658     166      SCORE: 109,228

      Club or Team Name: TACO Team Dos