[3830] K4WW NAQP SSB SO

K4WW@aol.com K4WW@aol.com
Sun, 17 Jan 1999 09:39:23 EST

This was my first serious effort in about 3 years, and the improved band
conditions sure helped.  Even though 75 is not my "favorite" band, it one
again proved to be the "best" for me, and the usual "interference" didn't
seem to be a problem.  Failure to insure the the inverted vee would work
"efficiently" on 160 most likely cost me a few Q's and M's.  With that
being my only "problem", I still was able to beat my previous personal best
by 150 Q's and 75 M's.  Many thanks to all for the contacts, especially
those that I had trouble "hearing" (AJ9F)!!!

                     1999 NCJ NORTH AMERICAN QSO PARTY

     Call used: K4WW                                           Location: KY

     Category: Single Op All Band         Mode: SSB             Power: 100W

     Callsign of Operator: K4WW

     If multi-operator, show calls of all operators and loggers:

     Exchanged Information: K4WW BO KY

     Hours of Operation: 09:59

     band      QSOs     points    mults
      160          5         5        4
      75        239       239       46
      40        178       178       51
      20        189       189       47
      15        109       109       32
      10        102       102       20

     TOTAL      822       822      200      SCORE: 164,400

     Equipment:  TS-870
     Antenna's:  C3S @ 65', 40-2-CD @ 55', Inverted Vee @ 50'.

     Club or Team Name: Tennessee Contest Group #2

     Comments: Personal "best", even with inverted vee not "playing"
               on 160.

     I, by virtue of my statement below, have taken part in the

           1999 NCJ NORTH AMERICAN QSO PARTY on 01/16/1999

     conscientiously applying my most ethical interpretation of the
     published rules for this contest.

     Date 01/16/99  Signature_____________________________ Call  K4WW

     Name: Shelby Summerville              Call: K4WW
           6506 Lantana Court
           Louisville, KY 40229