[3830] WL7KY NAQP SSB SO

Chris Hurlbut kl7fh@customcpu.com
Sun, 17 Jan 1999 21:11:16 -0900

1999
NCJ North American QSO Party

CALL USED___WL7KY____________ MODE _PHONE_  ARRL SECTION or
COUNTRY_____AK______

Call of operator if different from call used
____________________________________
		Valid QSOs	multipliers
__X__ Single operator
____ Multi operator

	40     	66	25
	20     	146	43
	15     	307	53
	10     	179	42
	TOTAL	698	163

If multioperator, show calls of all operators,
loggers___________________________________________
  698   QSOs  *   x       163  DXCC Countries =   113774     Claimed Score
_____________
YES________   TEAM COMPETITION    NO___________
TEAM NAME________________________________
_____________

I really like phone pile ups: they're fast!  As usual, it is hard to do a
domestic USA type contest from way up here.  It's hard to
be heard sometimes when everyone else is so close to each other.  15m
proved to be my best band.  10m was right up there though.
I didn't hear very much activity from AK on though, I figured there would
be a lot since it is a phone contest.  Nice to work so many
people who worked me as their last state for WAS!
40m was really strange.  It started off, as usual, to be kinda mediocre to
the west coast.  I did a lot of S&P, and then decided to try and get a run.
 Worked a few, and then it kinda left.  So I went back to S&P, and heard
K1DG who was 20 over 9!  There was no way I was gonna let that one get by,
so after 3 calls, I got him.  That started off my 30 min stateside run.  I
worked 25 mults, not a bad run.  That 30 minutes was my only run on 40.  It
opened, and closed like someone threw a switch!  So I tried 80 and there
was absolutely nothing on the whole band.  After an hour of tuning around,
I decided to quit.  Ended up working about 6.5 hours.  I had fun, and
thanks to all the stations who called me.
Oh, and my noise was bad, and peaking s9 sometimes, especially on 40.  I am
sorry to all the stations i had repeat things 4 or 5 times. I was waiting
for the noise to drop so I could hear you!  Mostly on 10 and 40 though.
See everyone in the next one!

I have observed all competition rules for fair and ethical operation as
well as all regulations for Amateur Radio in my country. My report is
correct and true to the best of my knowledge. "

Chris Hurlbut, WL7KY
2003 Roosevelt Dr.
Anchorage, AK
99517