[3830] W1AF WPX SSB Multi-Single

K3UOC at aol.com K3UOC at aol.com
Tue Mar 30 11:11:00 EST 1999

                  CQ WORLD WIDE PREFIX CONTEST -- 1999

      Call: W1AF                     Country:  United States
      Mode: SSB                      Category: Multi Single
      State: MA                                Low Power

      BAND     QSO   QSO PTS  PTS/Q PREFIXES

      160        0        0   0.0        0
       80        0        0   0.0        0
       40        0        0   0.0        0
       20      133      308   2.3       81
       15      122      327   2.7      101
       10       96      273   2.8       83
     --------------------------------------

     Totals    351      908   2.6      265  =   240,620

Total Time On: 7 hours

Operators: K3UOC, K9HI

The undergrads are on spring break, so OM's Mike and Phil activated W1AF for
this one.  A real limited operation for the HWC, but another effort at getting
W1AF "out there" and back in the action in our 90th anniversary year.  We
noted a real increase in activity in this contest, not to mention some lofty
serial numbers by both US and DX stations.  Can't wait to see what the scores
will look like with the 1-point adjustment in the WPX.

Upcoming W1AF operating events:

May 1&2 - MASS QSO Party - Going after our 3rd Multi-Op title since 1991.
May 29&30 - WPX CW - With our second XX tower going up, we might even be a
competitive M/S
October 2&3 - 90th Anniversary Special Event operation, a big deal for us

Check out the new Harvard Wireless Club web page at
<http://www.hcs.harvard.edu/~w1af/>

73, Mike Manafo, K3UOC
Trustee, W1AF

<http://members.aol.com/k3uoc/index.htm>