[3830] KC7V SOAB, HIGH PWR, UNASSISTED WPX

Mike Fulcher kc7v at arrl.net
Mon May 31 16:49:26 EDT 1999

              CQ WORLD WIDE PREFIX CONTEST -- 1999

      Call: KC7V                     Country:  United States
      Mode: CW                       Category: Single Op, AB, Unassisted -
36 hrs.

      BAND     QSO   QSO PTS  PTS/Q PREFIXES

      160              0         0            0.0           0
       80             13        47           3.6           2
       40           312     1265           4.1         92
       20           549     1349           2.5       224
       15         1175     2896           2.5       388
       10            24         57          2.4           9

-------

     Totals      2073     5614          2.7        715  =   4,014,010

Equipment Description: FT1000MP, Alpha 86, Tri-band 4 el quad at 45 ft.,
 6/6 - 20m, 7 el 10 at 115 ft. fixed 6 el 15 EU at
73 ft., fixed 6 el 15 JA at 40 ft., 4 el 40 at 100 ft.

Club Affiliation: Central Arizona DX Association

50% of my qso's this contest were with EU...unbelievable...I don't think
that has ever happened.  My biggest question is "What happened to the
JA's?"  My normal runs did not materialize.  I did work many JA's but the
quantity was not there.  No complaints though...it was a pleasure to have
15,20m open round the clock to EU.  10m was a huge disappointment.  I know
I missed some stuff there but 15 was the place to be.  I had trouble again
with a local noise source in the neighborhood that I've yet to run down.
It's not too bad on 15m, but I must apologize to those I either missed or
struggled with on 20m.

I missed the SSB WPX test because I had a baseball tournament to play in
Las Vegas.  We had another one this weekend and I'm sure glad I stayed for
the contest instead.  I had a blast in this one!

Mike
                         Mike Fulcher  KC7V
                       One of the "VOO-DUDES"
                        VooDoo Contest Group
                 ("VooDoo" - White magic from Africa)
       5V7A, TY5A, 9G5AA, ZC4Z, CN5N, C56N, ZF2WW

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com