[3830] W2VJN CWSS SOHP

George Cutsogeorge w2vjn at rosenet.net
Mon Nov 8 17:17:07 EST 1999

                        ARRL SWEEPSTAKES -- 1999

      Call: W2VJN                    Section:  OR
      Mode: CW                       Category: Single Operator,
      High power

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS   SECTIONS

      160        0        0        -
       80       46       92        -
       40      297      594        -
       20      280      560        -
       15      202      404        -
       10      151      302        -
     -----------------------------------

     Totals    976     1952       78

               Score:  152,256

Hours of operation:  23

When I hit the sack at 0900 with 760 QSOs in the log, I was a
happy camper.  That was better than I have ever done before.
Then came Sunday and I could not sustain a run anywhere.  I had
to look at the antenna switch to be sure I wasn't on the 160
dipole or some such.  Missed KP2N, could not break the pile up on
15 meters.

After thinking that I missed WY on 80 and had no chance on the
high bands out here, I worked Wayne on 20 meters Sunday
afternoon.  A few minutes later K7VU called from WY and gave me
his #1.  VE9HF was my 78th section at 0026Z.

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com