[3830] W4WS RTTY SPRINT

Henry Heidtmann n4vhk at summitschool.com
Thu Oct 7 09:55:17 EDT 1999

1999 Internet Sprint
Call used: W4WS (N4VHK, op.)
Location:  NC
Name: Henry
Entry Class: Single Op, All Band

Band    QSOs   Pts
80         0     0
40         7     7
20        18    18
15         0     0
10         0     0
--------------------------------
Total     25    25

--------------------------------------

Claimed Score: 25
Software: RTTY by WF1B  v4.4f
Power Output: 100
Equipment: TS850, TS930, F12 C4XL up 40', 80 meter loop
MFJ 1278 TNC's
Tried 2 radios- yea right. Got off to a good start, then it got slow-
All west coast on 20,
lots of SSB on 40- hard to find a hole with QRM, much less tune RTTY.
Cant figure out why v4.4 gave me 5  zero point qso's- they
looked good to me, and I fixed them- Anyone else have this problem?
Seeing numbers like 66 at 0230Z makes one dive for a cold beer and
exclaim- )*&^^%#@   (means "oh well, maybe next time.") So I did.

Biggest problem was getting a qso after S+Ping a contact. I would often
call cq after that with no takers- I'd end up moving to look for another

station to work.

Enjoyed it-
Henry, N4VHK
Winston-Salem, NC