[3830] N5RZ - CW Sprint High Power

Ralph Bowen rbowen at iglobal.net
Mon Sep 6 00:38:44 EDT 1999

                              SPRINT SUMMARY SHEET

     Contest Date : 05-Sep-99

    Callsign Used : N5RZ
         Operator : N5RZ

         Category : HIGH POWER

 Default Exchange : # GATOR TEX

             Name : RALPH BOWEN
          Address : P O BOX 10465
   City/State/Zip : MIDLAND, TX 79702
          Country : United States

   BAND   Valid QSOs   Points   Mults   Countries

   80CW       56         56       2         0      0000Z - 0144Z
   40CW      121        121       2         0      0145Z - 0310Z
   20CW      143        143      43         1      0311Z - 0359Z

 Totals      320        320      47         1

    Final Score = 15,360 points.

    FT1000D & AL1200
    TH6DXX at 35' Fixed NE & KT34XA @ 75' Fixed NW power divided
    TH6DXX at 65' Fixed NE
    40M Cushcraft Dipoles @105' fixed NE & 60' fixed NW power divided
    80M wire vertical

Sure worked lots of new blood this time.   I seem to have reached a
plateau in the 320 QSO range - very frustrating.  Sure was great to
operate from home again.  80M was very noisy, and I don't think the wire
vertical I put up Saturday morning had any umph.   Missed AZ IA ME MT ND
RI UT VE1,2,8.
Of those I heard AZ & ME.  Was happy to pick up W0UY (KS) & W7ZRC (ID)
in last 10 minutes on 80M for new ones.

Still the greatest contest!!

I, by virtue of my statement below, have taken part in the NCJ North
American
Sprint, conscientiously applying my most ethical interpretation of the
rules
for this contest as set forth in the National Contest Journal.