[3830] AE5E (N8SM op) CW Sprint SOHP

Steve Miller millersg at dmapub.dma.org
Mon Sep 6 00:35:45 EDT 1999

NCJ NORTH AMERICAN CW SPRINT   05-Sep-99
Call used: AE5E
Operator : N8SM
Location: TX
Category : HIGH POWER
Default Exchange : # ED TX

band     QSOs   points   mults  DX      time      antenna
 80       49       49      1     0   0315Z-0359Z    HF2V
 40       82       82      7     0   0210Z-0314Z    HF2V
 20      115      115     39     1   0000Z-0150Z  1/4 vert
TOTAL    246      246     47         3:39

Final Score = 11,562 points.

Comments:

It almost felt like Field Day. I arrived home late from a
trip (2140Z), started taking the station out of summer
storage and began setting up. A major rat's nest of radial
wires (thanks to the dog) took nearly 2 hours to sort out
and deploy. The rig & amp were placed atop the washer and
dryer at 2358Z. Instead of trying to set up a computer, I
decided to use a paddle with the rig's keyer and log the
old fashioned way into a small notebook.

Things went fairly well although my wimpy antennas got beat
out too often. I took 20 minutes off to eat and replace the
20m vertical with the HF2V. 40m was tough, 80 was tougher
and noisy - verticals are lousy for domestic 'tests. Can't
wait to get the tower up....

Heard but not worked: VE9, VE6

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com