[3830] 1999 CQ/RJ RTTY KD4RGB M/S LP

Henry Heidtmann n4vhk at summitschool.com
Mon Sep 27 11:32:10 EDT 1999

1999 CQ/RJ WW RTTY Contest
Call used: KD4RGB (@N4VHK)
Location:  NC
Entry Class: Multi Op, Single Xmit, Low Power

Band    Q   Pts   QTH   DX  Zones
80        39    46    25     4     5
40        79   126    31    17    10
20       119   276    23    45    20
15       214   559    18    57    22
10       113   318     9    42    14
--------------------------------------
Total    564  1325   106   165    71

--------------------------------------

Claimed Score: 453150
Operators: KD4RGB, N4VHK

Software: RTTY by WF1B  v4.4f
Power Output: 100

Equipment: TS850, TS930, MFJ 1278b w/DSP, MFJ 1278
with MFJ 784B DSP filter, Force 12 C4XL up 40',
3el 15M Monobander up 30', 2 el 10M Delta loop up 25',
80 meter horizontal loop up 35'

Notes: Our first CQWW RTTY M/S effort. Used Henry's N4VHK
QTH where we do lots of W4WS tests. Low power is a challenge in this
one,
but the software worked great. RF got into the computers on 2 occasions-

(sri K9YY it all went belly up during our QSO on 40 in the last hour...)

Had nice 15 meter runs, 80 was empty, and 10 was wide open on such a low
antenna
(in fact, we had no antenna above 40'!) Out of band Cb-ers killed the
Sunday afternoon 10 meter run by recording RTTY off the air
and xmitting it in AM all over the RTTY portion of the band. Get a life.

FWIW- We actually had a ball running 20 and 40, at the same time- on the
F12 C4XL- with no interaction( we did have BP filters on each)- only a
couple brawls for rotor direction.

More to come-
Club Participation: CDXA

 Bill Patterson  KD4RGB