[3830] ARRLDX CW W9RE SOAB HP

w9re at worldnet.att.net w9re at worldnet.att.net
Mon Feb 21 04:45:29 EST 2000

                     ARRL DX Contest - CW

Call: W9RE
Operator(s): W9RE
Station: W9RE

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: IN

  160:     22     17
   80:     85     42
   40:    509     72
   20:    613     82
   15:    856     84
   10:   1249     83
----------------------
Total:   3334    380  =  3,800,000

Comments:

Had a great day 1, after 24 hours had 2300 q's.  This fact lulled me into
thinking I could get by with just a little sleep (fatal error).  The activity
was so good I kept at it (when I was suppose to be sleeping).  Thus on Sunday I
couldn't copy calls the first time, kept falling asleep the whole day, could
not concentrate on using second radio at all, just a poor effort from this op.
Lesson learned next time will take about 4 hours of sleep second night rather
than the 1 hour.

So far congratulations to KQ2M, K3ZO, N2IC, etc.  I would be interested in
seeing any top single ops rate sheets for comparison on the above operator
error.

Longer post to follow on 3830.

W9RE        3334  380 3,800,000SOAB HP

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com