[3830] K3WW IARU HF CHECK LOG

Charles Fulp k3ww at fast.net
Mon Jul 10 21:23:40 EDT 2000

K3WW  category  Check Log
894 Q   84  78  for a final score of  ZERO.

Major fun though.

As noted there is a 10 minute rule for M/S and no M/M class (execept for  HQ
stations)
...perhaps this is to discourage packet use.  Anyhow; anyone that was
seriously chasing WRTC guys and possibly moving bands/modes to help out
would have to violate the 10 minute rule if he was Multi or using packet.
That was me, so I aimed for a T shirt, a sweep, and as many WRTC guys as I
could work.  I sent the WRTC log checkers my log.

It was FUN.  I rarely spend much time (NO time in my favorite contests)
listening to what other
folks are doing.  This was an oportunity to try to see what the WRTC team
guys were doing, and scope out some of the at home gang as well.  I got a
nice chance to see what was going on on all
the bands, although I ingnored 160, since there was no WRTC activity there.

I did call some CQ's as part of my strategy, to work some of the S&P WRTC
guys.

236 WRTC QSOs.  All 53 stations worked at least TWICE.  All worked on CW,
S568Y missed
on SSB, but worked on 3 bands CW.
S533G moved me to 80 for my only WRTC QSO there, I kept listening and called
some CQs.
Worked them on 6 band/modes Sounded European on SSB, Im guessing maybe
someone
that has been to my house.

Also worked S549L on 6 bands.  I caught 8 stations on 10 Mtrs during the
last hour or so...guys that finished their 20 hours early may be in trouble,
unless multiplier openings on 10 were had earlier.

Also very anxious to hear the WRTC results.

73 Chas K3WW

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com