[3830] Russian DX - K4MA SOHP Mixed Mode

Jim Stevens k4ma at mindspring.com
Sun Mar 19 13:16:45 EST 2000

Read about the contest on Saturday evening in the
April CQ Contest.  Decided to go up to the shack and check
it out.  Sat down and had some fun for about 4.5 hours.
Rates were good. Had hours of 26 (0.5 hour), 48, 58, 47,
and 51 with not really trying that hard.

Looked like a few US stations were going full bore.
Both K3WW and N4AF had over 1000 Qs.

I've got the RA DX contest already marked on my calendar
for next year.  Recommend you do the same.

73, Jim K4MA

     Contest Date : 19-Mar-00
    Callsign Used : K4MA
         Operator : K4MA
         Category : Single Op High Power Mixed Mode
 Default Exchange : 59(9) #
        Team/Club : Potomac Valley Radio Club

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Mults   Countries

   80CW        4           4         14       0         3
   40CW       38          38        267      11        12
   20CW       83          83        656      19        11
   20SSB     105         105        860      19        14

 Totals      230         230       1797      49        40

    Final Score = 159933 points.

 Equipment: FT-1000MP & AL-1200
            TH-6 at 105 feet
            40-2CD at 115 feet
            80M Inv V apex at 65

 I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations
established
 for amateur radio in my country.  My report is correct and true to the best
 of my knowledge.  I agree to be bound by the decisions of the Awards
Committee.