[3830] California QSO Party N5XU

Kenneth E. Harker kharker at cs.utexas.edu
Mon Oct 9 12:12:14 EDT 2000

California QSO Party Summary Sheet

     Contest Date : 08-Oct-00
    Callsign Used : N5XU
         Operator : WM5R
         Category : Single Operator High Power All Band (School Club Entry)
 Default Exchange : # Texas
             Name : University of Texas Amateur Radio Club
          Address : SOC #73, 100-C West Dean Keeton St.
   City/State/Zip : Austin, TX 78712
          Section : South Texas (STX)
          Country : United States
        Team/Club : Central Texas DX & Contest Club (CTDXCC)

   20SSB      30          30         60      11
   15SSB      51          51        102      24
   10SSB      20          20         40      10

 Totals      101         101        202      45

    Final Score = 9,090 points.

 Station
 -------

Kenwood TS-850SAT
Heathkit SB-220
Force 12 C-4 @ 90'
TR LOG 6.53

 Soapbox Comments
 ________________

Prior commitments, including the excellent W5 DX Bash on Friday and Saturday,
limited my operating time.  Working up to 100 QSOs before the end of the
contest was much more of a struggle than I anticipated.  I don't understand
why the contest finishes so early on Sunday, though.  My rate was just
starting to pick up as the evening approached.

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker at cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                   Amateur Radio Callsign: WM5R
Department of the Computer Sciences         President, UT Amateur Radio Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124                         Maintainer of Linux on Laptops

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com