[3830] WPX CW 9A3MA SOSB10 HP

Alen Desanic alen.desanic at si.hinet.hr
Sat Apr 14 21:22:35 EDT 2001

                  CQ WORLD WIDE PREFIX CONTEST -- 19101

      Call: 9A3MA                    Country:  Croatia
      Mode: CW                       Category: SOSB 10 HI

      BAND     QSO   QSO PTS  PTS/Q PREFIXES
      10       983     2016   2.1      542  =3D   1,092,672

Equipment Description:
RIG:DRAKE TR7 + PA Home made 1kW
ANTENNA: 2x5 EL HOME MADE

This was my first SOSB10 contest. I had problems with laptop
first day. First 200 QSO's logged manually and lost 2 hrs for
repair laptop and finally put in him 200 QSO's for 30 minutes.
First day was very bad, not JA and at afternoon very weak USA. Also,
first evening didn't rotate my antenna from 315 deg.(USA) and worked
50 QSO's at hour. Second evening tested where is best signal from USA
and found that it is from clear West (backscatter,270 deg, YV, HK) and
finally get first nice pileups from USA.My antenna is very sharp and if
I turn antenna 10 deg out of direction, lost over 15 db of signal.I =
didn't
made antenna for EU and lost many QSO's and Prefixes. 2/3 QSO's was DX.
I didn't work very much on 10m at all and this was my first serious
expirience at 10m.I hope that for next contest will be better =
propagations
on 10m.
See You next time......
                        Alen, 9A3MA