[3830] ARRL160 KB9UWU SO LP

kb9uwu at yahoo.com kb9uwu at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 9 11:46:43 EST 2001

                     ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: KB9UWU
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SO LP
QTH: IL

Total:     236     49        2      =  24,856

Club/Team: S M C

Comments:

blah, sorta fun when people called me :)

first time in this one, learned a lot about 160, and how important radials are.

put up a 1/4 inverted L friday before the contest, vert part was 50' not high
but it would work... only had enough wire for 1 radial..... woops

so my efforts of becomimg atleast audible didnt work i dont think :)

cool q's  VP5, ZF2, and a few KH6's

once again i apoligize to everyone for being a Lid on cw.... if sounded like i
didnt have a clue what i was doing, well its probably true :)
this contest really helped out with my speed tho, as people usually dont go
40+wpm :)

ALSO noticed everyone was a little more manerly in this one... no brutal
fighting for frequencys and stuff.. that was nice :)

spent about 3 hours on friday night, WANTED to spend all sat night but that
didnt work out exactly.... i didnt get home saturday night until midnight...
and i opped til 3, and the rate was pretty crummy..

good contest!  learned a lot, and had fun!  FROM HOME FOR ONCE!! ha

ft920
timewaves dsp unit (lifesaver) since i dont have a inrad filter yet
UWU style 1/4 wave antenna... obviously UWU style if it didnt work right :))

73 guys, great job to everyone, and thanks to all who worked me... gave me a
little warm up for next weekend!
Matt
KB9UWU
kb9uwu at yahoo.com