[3830] ARRL 160 XE2AC SO HP

Delgadillo, LuisAgs, Mex Luis.Delgadillo at ags.mex.xerox.com
Tue Dec 11 10:43:51 EST 2001

                     ARRL 160 METER CONTEST -- 2001

      Call:      XE2AC
      Category:  Single Operator
      Power:     High Power
      Band:      Mono 160
      Mode:      CW
      Country:   Mexico

               QSO   QSO	PTS  PTS/QSO    SECTIONS  COUNTRIES

     Totals    110     220     2.00         45          0    =   9,900

Equipment Description: FT-1000MP, Ameritron AL-800H,
			Dunestar 600 Pass band filter,
			Top Ten decoder,
			Bencher Iambic + Thick-1
			SO2R WX0B,  CT 9.69
			Antenna: Sloper Alpha Delta DX-A (Apex @ 65 ft)

Comments: My apologies to the stations that I could not copy, and many
thanks
		to the ones enduring  my constant request to repeat the
section.
	I have  a nearby local -BC AM station whose transmitters started
producing(again)
	a 5/9 +40 dB spurious signal on 1.810 and increasing the noise
level floor
	from 5/7 to  5/9+ across 1.800 ~1.890 MHz., a second peak of
	5/9+25 was present on 1.870.
	I could dig out of some stations by asking to repeat constantly
	but the BC signal was so overwhelming that I decided it was better
to go to bed
	rather than  hearing  pop music.

	Anyway, I enjoyed the thrill of contesting and challenge on this
band
		and  look forward to the CQ WW 160

Luis Delgadillo XE2AC
Aguascalientes México