[3830] ARRL10 N7DF SO CW HP

n7df at arrl.net n7df at arrl.net
Sun Dec 16 22:41:34 EST 2001

                     ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N7DF
Operator(s): N7DF
Station: N7DF

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: NM

   CW:   1705    150
  SSB:      0      0
----------------------
Total:   1705    150  =  1,024,200

The FT1000MP MKv got back from the Warranty Service Friday morning so I finally
got a chance to try it out.  When I receieved it from Texas Towers just before
the CQWW CW contest the linear keying relay kept sticking so I couldn't use it
in that contest.  It really did well this time but the narrow CW filter on the
sub-receiever still won't switch in.  I'm beginning to figure out what most of
the buttons and knobs do!

The Mexican CBers from Juarez (line of sight and 90 miles south of here) must
be running some really high power rigs.  They are 40 to 50 over S-9 all over
the bottom 200 KHz of ten meters with AM, SSB and lots of splatter.  When the
Japanese CBers join in during the afternoon it becomes almost impossible to
hear anything at times.  I heard one of them complaining about the interference
from the CW stations!

It is disappointing that there isn't more DX on CW during this contest,
especially from the Carribean and South America..

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com