[3830] ARRL10 N4OX SO Mixed LP

N4OX at webtv.net N4OX at webtv.net
Mon Dec 17 08:32:36 EST 2001

                     ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N4OX
Operator(s): N4OX
Station: N4OX

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW:
  SSB:   1600    139
----------------------
Total:   1600    139  =  444,800

Club: Florida Contest Group Panhandle

Comments:

This was a painful contest.....sprained my ankle Friday afternoon while getting
set up. Operation was
Field Day style again with two rented lifts instead of one like last year. Had
a HyGain 105CA fixed NE at
approximately 25 feet on one lift and a 4 element M2 at approximately 55 feet
that was rotatable on the other lift. The M2 was supposed to be at 70 feet, but
the last boom extension on the taller lift didn't want to telescope out to full
extension. The lower antenna was definitely better when the band was solidly
open to the northeast US and Europe. Conditions seemed better than last year,
with the exception of the band closing earlier as others have noted. When the
band closed it slammed shut! QSO's increased by about 100 and the multiplier
was the same. The pileup on PZ5RA was insane! JA's were very loud and I had a
decent run on Saturday night. Ten meters is my favorite band and it was fun
again this year. I'll be glad when I finally have antennas and
towers that you don't have to put up and take down the day of the contest. I
was tempted to take a Loritab for the pain from my ankle during the contset,
but I gte enoguh typos wihtout the infleunce
of nacrotics.

73, Jay

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com