[3830] Stew Perry W4EF SO LP

W4EF at dellroy.com W4EF at dellroy.com
Mon Jan 1 15:30:00 EST 2001

                     Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: W4EF
Operator(s): W4EF
Station: W4EF

Class: SO LP
Grid Square: DM04
Operating Time (hrs): 3

QSOs:   33  Score: 170

Club: Souther California Contest Club

Comments:

              Rig: Ten-Tec Paragon, 100 watts output

       Antenna(s): TX - 80/40 meter parallel dipole at 27 feet/Dentron
                   Super-Super Tuner

                   RX - 80 meter inverted vee at 20' phased with
                   TX antenna using JPS ANC-4

Comments: Kinda wandered in and out of the shack on this one, so
    I am not really sure about my total operating time. Only have 2
    radials under my dipole (I was feeding it against ground) so
    system efficiency must have been dismal. Managed to work as far
    east as K9DX, and as far west as KH7A. Biggest signal heard (aside
    from N6LL who is line of sight from my QTH) was N7DD in Arizona.
    Best (and practically only) east coast heard was K8ND in Ohio. Also
    heard where W8JI, AA4MM, and a whisper from W3GH. Only DX heard
    were KH7A, KH6ND, and FM5BH all with good Q5 signals here on my
    200' x 50' city lot. Cuall next year!

73 de Mike, W4EF

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com