[3830] RTTY Roundup NO2T SOAB HP

no2t at arrl.net no2t at arrl.net
Tue Jan 9 12:45:24 EST 2001

                     ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: NO2T
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: nj
Operating Time (hrs):

   15:    217     <-----Multipliers ----->
   10:    124   States  Provinces  DX   Total
Total:   1002     46        9      53    108   =  108,216

Club: Bergen Amateur Radio Assoc.

Comments:

Happy New Year to all

Unlike Don, this contest ws the result of 20 minutes preparation. We have
had a lot of snow and wind here in New Jersey and was unable to work on the
antennas. The bottom line is: No 80 meter delta loop, tribander points in
some direction different from the indicator, the fixed beam antenna (15
meters) was fixed towards Europe rather than the states, etc,etc, etc.

None the less I had fun. You are a wonderful bunch of people. Thanks for
all the QSO's. The ratemeter was over 130 for a while with sustained rates
of more than 80. What this means is that most everybody is learning how to
run RTTY contests. This adds to the enjoyment.

MMTTY has added a host of new blood to the contesting community plus with
Rays's giving "RTTY" free to the amateur population we should only continue
to grow. Who said RTTY was dead?? HI HI. This weekend proved they were very
wrong.

I held classes at the local club teaching both RTTY (using MMTTY) and PSK31
(using Digipan). This paid off with at least 5 active new (first time)
participants to RTTY. They will be back. My next chore will be the
conversion of their logs to Cabrillo. (I just finished doing that with the
ARRL 10 contest).

Once again Hats off to the authors who, by provided "free" software, are
adding new enthusiastic people to our ranks.

	73 de NO2T Jerry

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com