[3830] IARU VA3UZ(@VE3OI) SO CW

va3uz at rac.ca va3uz at rac.ca
Wed Jul 18 00:19:56 EDT 2001

                     IARU HF Championship

Call: VA3UZ
Operator(s): VA3UZ
Station: VE3OI

Class: SO CW  Power: HP
QTH: Ontario

  160:      59        0      5+4
   80:     132        0     16+5
   40:     255        0    23+23
   20:     871        0    37+28
   15:     569        0    31+26
   10:     156        0     16+5
-----------------------------------
Total:    2042        0      219  =  1,734,918

We (Dave and me) spent a little more time than usual preparing for the contest.
We even put up a multi band vertical which supposed to help with 2nd radio
operation being far enough from the main tower. First 8 hours were really nice
with average rate 100+/hour. Then Mr. Murphy showed up and blew up the main
amplifier... Had to stay on 20m for a couple of hours using just TH5 at 50'
without 2nd radio and completely lost Far East/Asia opening on 15 m. Then after
switching amplifer from 2nd to main radio was able to use monobanders on all
bands again, but 100 watts on the 2nd radio didn't really help...
Congratulations to K1KI, N4AF and WX0B. Huge scores!

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com