[3830] ARRLDX SSB AC0W SOAB LP

vlippert at smig.net vlippert at smig.net
Tue Mar 6 16:28:24 EST 2001

                     ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: AC0W
Operator(s): AC0W
Station: AC0W

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: MN

  160:      4      4
   80:     24     19
   40:     73     42
   20:    242     77
   15:    301     84
   10:    554     92
----------------------
Total:   1198    318  =  1,142,892

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assoc

Comments:

Equipment:
Yaesu FT-1000
Mosley PRO-67B
50 ft tower gamma matched for 80 & 160

Things were going pretty good until about 1800 UTC Saturday when I understand a
flare or "coronal mass ejection" as someone called it hit.  Before 1800 had 1
hr with rate at 130 and others in the 40 to 70 range.  Afterwards best I could
muster was 40 with average around 20 to 30.

I seemed to find all the good mults on Saturday and worked them with relative
easy as pileups weren't to bad.  This was lucky for me as on Sunday pile-ups
were terrible and it was next to impossible for me to bust them.

Bill
AC0W

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com