[3830] WPX SSB AB0MV M/S LP

ab0mv at ix.netcom.com ab0mv at ix.netcom.com
Wed Mar 28 00:00:41 EST 2001

                     CQWW WPX - SSB

Call: AB0MV
Operator(s): AB0MV, N0HF, AE0Q
Station: N0HF

Class: M/S LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:     66
   40:     53
-------------------------------
Total:   1036 x    536  =  1,136,320

Menu (what's a contest without real nourishment!)
Ribs, burritos, yummy rice and green beans
Grilled salmon marinated in special teriyaki sauce, steak fries, green beans
homemade sausage & egg biscuits

>From Merri AB0MV:
This contest was a blast! This was our third contest as a team and hopefully
the start of many more.  We had a lot of FUN including when Dan worked a weak
Vietnam station.  A sudden loud signal came on fequency.  Dan assumed it was
another station trying to hone in on the rare DX.  Dan got exasperated and said
"I'm trying to work the 3W!" several times to discourage the interference only
to hear the loud signal yell "I AM the 3W!!!!!"

>From Dan NØHF:
The high bands were the best I've seen in a while, 20m was open all
night Saturday with propagation to the entire globe at times.  Many
DX stations said "great signal", Keep in mind we were low power
with a roof-mounted C3SS yagi.  This year I focused on the mult. station
and it really helped our score.  Hosting this contest was a lot of fun,
Glenn and Merri are great guests and each contest we improve
our technique.  Not many Multi-op efforts here in Boulder county,
glad to be one of the few.

Equipment:
Main station:
ICOM IC-775DSP