[3830] ARRL SS CW K8ND SO HP

jmaass at columbus.rr.com jmaass at columbus.rr.com
Wed Nov 7 09:33:38 EST 2001

                     ARRL Sweepstakes, CW

Call: K8ND
Operator(s): K8ND
Station: K8ND

Class: SO HP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 7:51

  160:
   80:     67
   40:    252
   20:     59
   15:      9
   10:     65
-------------------------------
Total:    452 x     78  =  70,512

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

My other responsibilities kept me from planning a full-time effort.

I was able to get on for a few hours Saturday afternoon (mostly
S&P on 10 meters to pick up the westerly multipliers), and a few
hours Sunday (to pick up some QSOs).

Started bad with broken wire in my favorite paddle (Schurr Profi)
and so I pulled my old Hamco Scotia and a collectable Autronic
that I bought recently out of the storage box.

Further went bad when the rotor broke sometime between Saturday
evening and Sunday afternoon.  Rotor would turn clockwise, but
would not turn counterclockwise. By the time I identified this
behavior, the antennas were pointed North. Luckily, I have some
SS dipoles up for 40 and 20 in addition to the yagis.

452 x 78 = 70,512.  Missed NL and MAR.  Never heard them.

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com