[3830] CQWW CW C4A(5B4ADA/9A3A) SOAB HP

9a3a at spidernet.com.cy 9a3a at spidernet.com.cy
Sun Nov 25 21:17:34 EST 2001

                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: C4A
Operator(s): 5B4ADA/9A3A
Station: 5B4ADA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Cyprus

  160:    236      8     50
   80:    506     19     66
   40:   1268     23     76
   20:   1252     34     84
   15:    797     33     92
   10:   1367     32     92
-------------------------------
Total:   5426    149    463  =  9,296,892

Club/Team: Aphrodite Contest Group

Comments:

It's becoming a routine that I can't go to bed after spending 48+ hours in my
beloved chair (no back pain!). I'm proud to have survived another full weekend,
this time with just a short 30 minute nap, although I was still messing around
my shack on Friday evening, instead of relaxing... (and I know that I can/will
do it again). Bad weather with a storm on early Sunday morning hours made low
bands very difficult, but my ears are quite used to unpleasant noises. I was 50
mults short most of the time compared to my 98 score and despite SO2R advantage
never managed to build mult score as I had hoped before the contest. First SO2R
effort and I still have to analyze my log to find out how many Qs/mults I
worked on second radio. I was a bit lazy to use it full time, but it surely
feels good to be able to find clear spot or search for mults while running on
R1. Antenna swiching and logging was fully computer-controlled, I already see
some improvements with a fully automatic amplifier, but this must be kept
confidential. Saturday propagation was quite strange, good EU runs, but no real
DX openings with juicy multipliers. I could not resist JA run on 160, despite 1
point disadvantage.
By the way, my son's birthday was on Sunday but he accepts my priorities - I'll
take him to go-cart today.

73, Ivo 5B4ADA/C4A

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com