[3830] CQWW CW K2LE M/S HP

k2le at arrl.net k2le at arrl.net
Wed Nov 28 00:17:30 EST 2001

                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K2LE
Operator(s): K2LE N2UN W2AX N2QW W1MA
Station: K2LE

Class: M/S HP
QTH: VERMONT

  160:      4      2      3
   80:     94     14     57
   40:    649     32    110
   20:    662     40    134
   15:    731     33    122
   10:    561     34    125
-------------------------------
Total:   2701    155    551  =  5,486,326

Club/Team: YCCC

Comments:

Supposed to host the multi-multi operation, but was degraded to M/S after many
potential ops cancelled out.
Friday night/Saturday morning was a disaster. 20 and 40 turned very noisy, and
loud signals sounded like buzzsaws. Checked if somehow the RX noise blanker
went haywire, but no....Then someone sent a packet message about a flare. Went
outside, and, lo and behold, through the foggy forest, there was a sizeble
aurora visible - and this is Southern Vermont, not the north shore of Alaska !
( had seen it only once before in 30 years). There was another packet message,
I believe by W1BK,  reminding us of the good old days of spark transmission (
way before my time)
Sunday morning, however, was a delight - great signals, an inexhaustible supply
of Europeans, on 10/15/20 and 40, contributing nealy 78% of all our QSOs.
Another thrill was working the 40th zone on 20 meters in the last half hour...
When it comes to fun, CW is the real thing.

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com